Sunday, March 16, 2008

Harlem African American Genealogy Conference

It was the 4th Annual
Harlem African American Genealogy Conference,
(or HAAGC for short).
Paul Nauta from SLC Family History, Pres Buckner-NYNY Stake,
Christian Vitalien-Harlem Ward.....at the World Famous SYLVIA'S
-- pre-conference Soul Food
Registration central, with Carolyn's display board as back-up.
The tree is her chalk drawing extraordinaire.
Amber, Bishop Pabon, Paul Nauta, Dr Howard Dodson,
keynote speaker from the NYC Library, Schomberg
Center for Black Cultural Studies. His entrance was
heart-stopping. He arrived 25 minutes late! Next is
Elder H & then State Senator Perkins (making a political meet 'n greet)
Beautiful Sister Howell, Amber-the chairperson, Ahmad Corbitt and Christine, an attendee
If you gotta get old, you really need a campaign chairperson like Carolyn to draw attention to the milestone and make you feel like a million bucks. Cards, letters, emails and sympathy notes from all over the country. I was stunned and moved. Thank You, everyone, for being so thoughtful. I will never forget you, until the allzheim....now, what was I saying?
Now, Lane, don't spit on the cake when you try to blow out all those candles!

The laugh of the evening....Carolyn brushed by the card on the end, and the entire card display went down like rows of dominos. I wonder if there is a hidden meaning in that? One of the cards said if all the 60-year-old people in the world were laid end to end......most of them wouldn't be able to get up again! :}
Happy Birthday to wonderful sister, Charla Jean, on the 20th!
Lincoln and Carrie with our 3 grandsons arrive for Easter weekend!
St. Patrick's Day is tomorrow-the day we color milk and
alfredo sauce green in honor of leprachauns. Enjoy your week.
7 days until Easter!!!!!! Spring is near...and we love you :)

3 comments:

JACK's house said...

I think you may be a little late in your posting. Easter is tomorrow. J/K. :) I'm glad you liked our card. ;o)

Kim

Jami said...

lane youre just so loved.

britni jean said...

happy birthday to lane! i'm sure you had a great easter with the lincoln family there! mom, i love your chalk tree, you amaze me!