Monday, September 19, 2011

The Philippine Post

Today is September 19th, 2011


Sharing time begins:

- Happy Birthday to Randi!















- We made a record-breaking fast trip to the Oquirrh Mtn temple and "home" again.  In the air 58 hours, on land 47 hours.
- It was a g'momma's dream to hold Raylie at the altar during the sealing.
- Callie and Rayson had a wonderful day!
- Elder D.T.C. took time to perform the sealing.
- My favorite calling in the past has been ward newsletter editor.  Most relieved upon release; ward newsletter editor.
- I've now consented to compiling a PEF Newsletter/Philippines Area
- Upon our return from Utah I dove into a 2 day project to complete the PEF newsletter.  Whew!  
- The newsletter blasts out by email to priesthood leaders, PEF participants and others today (1000+).
- In one presentation to institute teachers, Elder Howell actually asked "how old do you think Sis. Howell is?"  They answered, "57?, 56?"  (I AM BARELY 53!!!)
- I must remember that a young woman age 25 here can pass for 15.  I DO look pretty ancient to them.
- Mouse #2 caught on a sticky trap. 
- I love sticky traps!
- Our mission president is President P.  He invited us to accompany him and his wife to a district conference.
- Lane spoke at 3 sessions and did a marvelous job, as always!
- I spoke at 2 and gave support to Sister P. at the auxiliary training.  She said " please attend the breakout session with the Primary leaders and take these handouts with you."  
- I walked into the primary session, took a seat and the district primary president says "Sister Howell will now give us our training."
- I was dumbfounded, yet found the words to guide them in their efforts to lead and teach the children.
- While dining with S and I teachers we were served an interesting dessert called "mix-mix", ice cream topped with whole kernel corn.  (Or corn topped with ice cream.)  Not yummmm ; ( When I was caught separating my corn, I was told to stir it in for the best flavor.  Gag!


- Said out loud yesterday at church "I bet Sister Howell was pretty when she was younger."   ;o}
- We have been getting busier by the day.  We have now committed to teach 5 institute classes throughout the mission. (Eternal Marriage [honk if you believe that one], English Proficiency, and Planning for Success {required for PEF loans}.)
- Lane asked me "which mission has been harder for you?"  Well, in NYC we had only 1 mouse in 2 years.  In my Philippine home we've had 2 in less than 2 weeks. EEK!
- 91 weeks left.  You do the numbers.
- I am placing tape on the bottom of each door.
- AND buying 91 sticky traps! 
- Lane is in heaven on this mission. Friday we traveled by ferry to the island of Marinduque (mare-inn-dew-kay) to visit with church leaders and youth. If you can see the photo, our silver car is in the bottom left hand corner.
We love you!
Scatter smiles & sunshine ; D
Momma & Dad
Sister & Elder Howell

No comments: