Sunday, October 5, 2008

Conference Recharge

178th semi-annual
General Conference:
A treasured experience.

Quiz: Can you match the following
phrases with the correct speaker?


"I don't know everything
but I know enough."

"Accept life come what may and love it!"

"Develop Christian courage."

"There are 2 built-in handicaps per
marriage...2 imperfect people."

"Don't dwell on the past, make the most
of today, find joy in the journey."

Elder Neil Andersen
-of the Seventy-

Elder Joseph B. Wirthlin
-Apostle-

President Henry B. Eyring
-1st Counselor in 1st presidency-


Elder Russell M. Nelson
-Apostle-

President Thomas S. Monson
-Prophet-

This week we offered support to the public
affairs office, met with missionaries
in the Harlem area, and shared
an evening with the Naylors.

Did I tell you that Lora has a wonderful
gift for photography and that she and I
worked at the same Floral Shop in Longview?

(posing here @ flower stand near our apartment)
She captured us in our natural habitat...
The next day the Naylors abandoned
us for life in the country - Clifton, Idaho.


Just prior to Conference our incredible
West Jordan neighbors dropped by.
It was great to see Mike & Carolyn Nielsen!

Answers to quiz:
(The speakers are listed in the
same order as their remarks.)

What was your favorite talk?

We give thanks to God and
confess His hand in all things.
We are thankful for His angels
who are among us, namely our
children. You are the best!

Love, Dad & Mom
E & S Howell

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I loved that marriage quote. I can't pick a favorite yet, they were all great. And I love the drak hair, quite lovely.

Meredith said...

My favorite quote was "Accept come what may and love it!" I'm glad you noticed it too. What better way to be happy than that?