Fun in Miami
A very welcoming backyard...which we love. A lot.
My life seems consumed with seminary and these awesome kids.
The following photo best exemplifies this statement:
Dear friends, there is a throne in heaven for you! Year after year (decade after decade for some of you!) you prepare through the night, set the alarm for the morning, groan when it goes off, and then either drive somewhere in the dark or welcome into your living room a pajama-clad, uncombed, sleep-dazed cadre of students. ...And never underestimate what those students are hearing and feeling, in spite of appearances.
Elder Holland
"Be Not Afraid, Only Believe"
Evening with a General Authority Feb. 2015
Games of scripture mastery...
Birthday breakfast
I about wet my pants.
Truth be told, that poor lizard was dead. Maybe he deserved it. He had made his home deep inside the hose. Unknowingly I attached the sprinkler, set it on the lawn, turned it way up and watched the water squirt out, then sputter and stop. As I investigated I found his drowned remains. Thinking he was alive I dropped him like a "lizard in a sprinkler head” and ran inside. I waited 1/2 hour to see if Lane would come rescue me. I got up just enough nerve to take the photo with my zoom lens, praying that he had crawled out. It was then I decided to use the front sprinkler to water both yards. I would save him for Lane!
Another 1/2 hour later I got up the nerve to affix a glove to my hand and attempt to shake him into a bucket. After much pounded and shaking, most of him was in the trash. The tail was still deep inside the sprinkler so I rinsed it carefully in the bathroom sink and washed all evidence away. WHEW! That took everything out of me. I had a huge bowl of ice cream to celebrate my courage. J/K! (I had a bagel with cream cheese.)
The yards are both throughly watered. The pool man has arrived, together we have removed the cover, and with adequate sign language and slow, deliberate English I think he understands that I will remove the cover every Monday or Lunes.
Celebrate Lane!!!
Our green dinner for St. Patrick's Day
A date to the temple!
A birthday party for the RS -- 173 years young!
My borrowed g'kids...the Craw children. Amazing kids!
Each time they visit, Benjamin manages to 'fall' into the pool.
Of course, floating boats only encourages him.
Another blessing of church service -- we visit the...
A creative home improvement project...
Ta-dah! We are pleased.
Finally, I decide to hang photos of our 14 beloved kids.
(Dry erase note from Steven - seminary stud)
What garbage day looks like in south Florida -
I reworked my utility room in anticipation of Carlie and Amanda's visit.
Yippy-skippy! Our first kids visit.
Gotta go -- The Bullocks are here!!!




No comments:
Post a Comment