Thursday, October 31, 2019

OCTOBER 2019

Week 1 -  October 6th, 2019
                                   (skipped)



Week 2 -  October 13th, 2019
   
Outstanding October greetings of the day,

I skipped emailing last week.  I blame conference.  It was mind numbing, fabulous and future altering.  The First Presidency spoke at the Women’s Session, the YW received a new theme, the terms “Beehive”, "Mia Maid" and "Laurel” have been retired. The prophet announcing 8 new temples, inviting and entreating us to study D&C sections 25, 84 and 107, and leaving a blessing upon us.

1)  Here is the new theme.  Also, photos from Sunday brunch between sessions.  Thanks for inviting us!


2)  We sneaked away to Boston, with some coaxing from Steph and Jerel.  First stop, Basketball Hall of Fame. (Springfield, MA)

3)  Next stop, serious leaf-peeping in Vermont and New Hampshire.  Covered bridges, hiking, The Flower Bridge.

4)  Other stops…
 Joseph Smith’s birthplace, Rummikub, cider donuts, mini-golf, chowdah, ice cream, eerie costumed Salem witches making light of the horrifying atrocities of 1692.


Thanks Steph and Jerel for hosting us with airfare and a condo. Memorable times to be sure.  We flew home late last night.  Finally we can truly say "it’s good to be home”.  

 Coming this week:
14th ~ We wave goodbye to CarLa (& the scooter)
16th ~ Adelaide Bea will be 6!!!
20th ~ Kim will be Adelaide’s age...plus 40  ;o}


You are all incredible humans.  We love you forever!
Scatter smiles & sunshine  Ü
Momma C & Dad Lane (G&G Howell)
801 499 7994

Week 3 -  October 20th, 2019
                                    (skipped)

Week 4 -  October 27th, 2019
Hi!

It’s been another great week to be a wife, mother and grandmother. The occasional “check-in” that you may stumble across is one way I keep in touch with the most important folks in my life. Please forgive me if it seems impersonal to you. Every word is honest and heartfelt. It’s what I would say if I were sitting with you face-to-face holding your hand. 

The accompanying photos give you a sense of what I’ve been up to these past TWO weeks. 

1) we waved goodbye to CarLa. She was driven to New Hampshire by Jim, who renamed her “Toy II”.  She’s arrived safely. 9 days, 2,773 miles. 


We hosted Bells for dinner and a tour of our home.  On the 17th I got a call from Callie that she might be in labor - she delivered within the hour. I arrived 30 minutes prior, but 29 minutes ahead of the midwife ;o}



2) Daisy Jo is a beautiful girl and loved by all of her female siblings. I’m sure she’ll grow on Paden.  Good job & congrats Callie & Rayson!



IMPORTANT EVENTS:
Oct 21st ~ Samie turned 18
Oct 22nd ~ Tom is now 40! What?!
Oct 24th ~ OUR 23rd anniversary
(Lane gave me a little bouquet of flowers - haha)


Oct 25th ~ Josh is now as smart as a 17 year old. 
Oct 26th ~ X’s baby shower at Kelley’s hosted by her sisters
Oct 26th ~ I threw together some flowers for my nephew’s temple sealing and celebrations
Oct 27th ~ Ava celebrates her birthday in Ghana 🇬🇭 TODAY!
Oct 30th ~ Anissa has to stop being a teenager
Nov 1st ~ Kamden will be 2!!

We love you forever,
Momma C & Dad Lane (G&G Howell)


Sent from my iPhone

No comments: