Thursday, February 29, 2024

FEBRUARY 2024

2.25.24

WEEK 2 - Africa road trip continued

Feb 19-24
Polers take us out to the Okavango Delta in Mokoros (flat bottom canoes). Sweltering heat. Game drives by 4x4’s or on foot😳. Discovering a hippo skull while swimming. Salt flats. Flamingos. Hippos. Cross into Zimbabwe. UNO. Can a nonalcoholic “Booze” cruise still be a booze cruise?




VICTORIA FALLS visit!
Feb 25
This day tied for our favorite!!!
Falls walk. Knife Edge Bridge. Zip line between two countries. 
















❤️We love you forever!
Momma C & Dad Lane (G&G Howell)



2.18.24

WEEK 1 - Africa road trip

We joined a tour of 15 folks from USA, Ireland, UK, Algeria, Canada, & Australia to see animals, landscapes, eat good food, visit 7 national parks, sleep in tents, embark on a 3,000 road trip, meet the locals, and miss family, ice and A/C.  

We traveled through:
South Africa 🇿🇦 (almost twice the size of Texas)
Botswana 🇧🇼 (nearly twice the size of Arizona)
Zimbabwe 🇿🇼 (nearly the size of California)
& a spontaneous visit to Zambia 🇿🇲 (1/2 the size of Alaska)

So many great happenings. Here are our highlights…
(Intrepid South Africa Trip complete dates:  Feb 12 - Mar 6)





Fly to Johannesburg, SA. Tour the city. Meet our new friends. Drive for hours in discomfort. cross into Botswana. Set up camp nightly. Rhino Sanctuary. 


















❤️We love you forever!
Momma C & Dad Lane (G&G Howell)



2.11.24

Last week we hosted a neighborhood social😋

Savannah Scott slept over😴
Thatcher Kelley was baptized (by Tagg)😍
The Chiefs fought for the right…to Par-Tay!🎉 It was a narrow win. Both teams were deserving.  I’m about to binge watch the Super Bowl ads as I wait in the Atlanta airport.

Lane wonders how he’s supposed to respect his elders if he’s finding it increasingly hard to find any 🤔.

❤️We love you forever!
Momma C & Dad Lane (G&G Howell)

Important dates:
Feb 12th ~ Joseph Hill is 2 dozen y.o.🥳
Feb 13th ~ Lane & I travel to South Africa, returning Mar 6th. Emails are welcome😊
Feb 14th ~ ❤️❤️❤️
Feb 16th ~ Matt Lindeman is __.  I actually don’t know.  Maybe 26? Be happy Matt!


2.4.24

Early in February we watched the actual Punxsutawney Phil, followed by “Phil Connors” and then ate ground hog (pork) for dinner. (We both love the movie🍿🎥 !)
We were blessed that Charlie Scott’s sight and overall health are very good.
Over time we’ve prepped bunk beds for the cowboy room. So come visit!
I fretted over my flower art. I’m not too worried.  I parked a hanging chair in front of it. 

I hope you talk to yourself as kindly as you speak to the ones you love most. (You do talk to yourself, don’t you?  I do. Out loud.)

❤️We love you forever!
Momma C & Dad Lane (G&G Howell)

Birthdays:
Feb 6th ~ Brennan Adams is a fabulous 14!!


No comments: